PRP FACIAL REJUVENATION
PRP or “Platelet-Rich Plasma” naturally utilizes your own platelets to create new collagen for tighter and younger looking skin and has no risk of allergy or rejection.*
An incredible amount of research has been done to understand the role of platelets in healing. A platelet’s role in clot formation is well known, but that is only a fraction of what they are capable of doing. Platelets contain hundreds of proteins called growth factors which are very important in signaling stem cells to regenerate and repair tissues, thus rejuvenating areas in need. For this reason, PRP could be considered a form of stem cell therapy.
Facial/Skin Rejuvenation: PRP therapy is combined with automated microneedling and can be performed on the face as well as the rest of the body. The use of the Eclipse Micropen™ is based on the science of Epidermal Collagen Induction Therapy (ECIT) and is one of the latest innovations in aesthetic medicine.
Microneedling uses tiny needles in the Eclipse Micropen™ to create controlled micro-injuries to the skin. These micro-injuries stimulate the fibroblast cells in the dermal layers of the skin to produce new collagen and elastin by what is known as the wound-healing process. Anytime there is a break in the skin barrier, whether it be from a scrape or cut, laser procedures, chemical peels or ECIT, the wound-healing process response is initiated by the body’s natural ability to close and heal the wound. Microneedling, creating ECIT, promotes wound healing and natural collagen and elastin production with no scarring and the skin barrier is regenerated and rejuvenated with enhanced integrity.
Another benefit of combining PRP with the Eclipse Micropen™ is that superficial micro-channels are created from microneedling, allowing for better, deeper absorption of PRP. So during the procedure, PRP and/or other active ingredients in medical grade serums can be applied to enhance the effect of collagen and elastin rejuvenation. This is the closest procedure to the Fraxel Laser Skin Resurfacing procedure with much less down time, discomfort and expense to the patient.
Benefits of PRP with Microneedling:
- Improves fine lines and deeper wrinkles*
- Reduces acne scars*
- Softens stretch marks*
- Evens skin tone*
- Lightens hyperpigmentation and sun spots*
- Reduces appearance of pores*
- Firms and smooths skin texture*
- Heals scars*
- Reduces broken capillaries and spider veins*
- Brings back the glow for fresher, younger-looking skin*
Procedure Expectations: We obtain Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) by drawing a small amount of blood from your arm into a sterile tube, similar to a lab draw. This sample is specifically processed and prepared allowing the isolation of the platelet rich portion of the plasma from the rest of the blood. The platelets – and, thereby, the concentration of growth factors – can be 5-10 times greater (or richer) than usual. Once the PRP has been concentrated for maximal benefit, it is re-introduced to the patient in the area that needs restoration. First, we apply a topical numbing gel to the area for optimal comfort. Then we insert a new sterile cartridge containing 12 microneedles into the MicroPen and select the appropriate depth setting based on your skin’s unique needs. We apply your prepared PRP solution to the area before and after the procedures to ensure that the PRP gets fully absorbed. We also apply other therapeutic serums to further address your specific skin condition.
This nonsurgical in-office procedure of collection and processing takes less than 15 minutes. Typical procedure time ranges from 5-45 minutes depending on the therapy-type and number/size of areas being addressed.
The downtime is minimal with only one to three days of mild redness, depending on the aggressiveness of the procedure.
Typically a series of 4 to 6 procedures spread out over the course of four to six months shows the best longterm results.* The results can be dramatic and to maintain the collagen production and skin tightening effect, after the initial series, maintenance appointments should be done every three or four months.*
* Each individual’s treatment and/or results may vary based upon the circumstances, the patients’ specific situation, as well as the health care provider’s medical judgment and only after further discussion of the patient’s specific situation, goals, risks and benefits and other relevant medical discussion. Testimonials or statements made by any person(s) within this site are not intended to substitute for this discussion or evaluation or as a guarantee as to outcomes. Examples of treatment outcomes in this websites are not intended to convey and warranty, either express or implied, as to outcomes, promises, or benefits from treatment. Whether to accept any treatment by a patient should be assessed by the patient as to the risks and benefits of such procedures and only after consultation with a health care professional.
MEDICAL INFORMATION OR STATEMENTS MADE WITHIN THIS SITE ARE NOT INTENDED FOR USE IN OR AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR THE DIAGNOSIS OR TREATMENT OF ANY HEALTH OR PHYSICAL CONDITION OR AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR A PHYSICIAN-PATIENT RELATIONSHIP WHICH HAS BEEN ESTABLISHED BY AN IN-PERSON EVALUATION OF A PATIENT.