HORMONE IMBALANCE & BHRT
-The Art of the Science
Hormones are the core product of the endocrine system and are in a constant state of dynamic changeability in order to create balance. They are responsible for some of the most important functions within the body such as regulating stress response and blood sugar, metabolism, and reproduction to name a few. When working normally, the endocrine system can be analogous to a finely conducted orchestra, every part working in synergy. The endocrine system is complex and each gland is intimately connected with one another even though when there may seem to be no overlap in their functions. This is why when an imbalance occurs in one gland it can have profound effects on the entire endocrine system and therefore, the entire body. Hormone imbalances can generally occur within any of our glands, but in this day and age we tend to see far more imbalances within the adrenal gland, thyroid gland, pituitary gland, ovary and testicles.
The most common contributors to hormone imbalance include:
- Nutrient Deficiency
- Cholesterol Deficiency & Fatty Acid Imbalance
- Standard American Diet
- Poor Sleep Habits / Sleep Apnea
- High Stress Levels (physical, mental, or emotional)
- Depression & Anxiety
- Chemical / Pesticide / Heavy Metal Toxicity
- Chronic Inflammation
- Genetic Abnormalities
The most common conditions that we have successfully resolved by addressing the whole person:*
- Hypothyroidism / Hashimoto’s Disease
- Adrenal Fatigue
- High Cortisol
- Hyperthyroidism & Grave’s Disease
- Low Libido (men & women)
- PMS / Menopause / Menstrual Disorders
- Andropause (low androgens)
- Insulin Resistance
- Sugar Cravings
- Inability to Lose Weight
Our approach to solving hormone imbalances begins with a thorough investigation into the patient’s history, diet & lifestyle, and environment. We then combine that information with data collected from our bio-communication software, state-of-the-art blood testing, urine hormone testing, and if needed, genomic data. These cumulative factors help us to paint a very accurate picture as to the true underlying causes of the hormone imbalance. It is at this point, that we can design an effective plan with the least invasive strategies for bringing the hormones back into balance.
Hormone Imbalance & Bio-Identical Hormones
There are circumstances where the severity of the hormonal imbalance warrants stronger support to bring the endocrine system back into balance. We often see this in cases of long standing adrenal fatigue, chronic menstrual disorders, menopause, and andropause. In these cases, the body has become overwhelmed by the imbalance and does not have the resources to self-correct. This can be due to age-related decline of the gland, fatigue of the gland, or both. By utilizing Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy (bHRT), we can restore normal circulating hormone levels in the body in the case of age-related hormonal decline, as well as heal and restore glands that have been under significant strain by taking some of the pressure off of them.*
A bio-identical hormone is an exact match to those that our body produces. A non bio-identical hormone is a hormone that been altered in order to be a patented medication and therefore, a pharmaceutical. It is my deep understanding and belief that the body can tell the difference between these two and that any change from the original human blueprint will result in adverse effects within the body. The closer that we can stay aligned with how nature created us, the less stress that it will create within the body.
* Each individual’s treatment and/or results may vary based upon the circumstances, the patients’ specific situation, as well as the health care provider’s medical judgment and only after further discussion of the patient’s specific situation, goals, risks and benefits and other relevant medical discussion. Testimonials or statements made by any person(s) within this site are not intended to substitute for this discussion or evaluation or as a guarantee as to outcomes. Examples of treatment outcomes in this websites are not intended to convey and warranty, either express or implied, as to outcomes, promises, or benefits from treatment. Whether to accept any treatment by a patient should be assessed by the patient as to the risks and benefits of such procedures and only after consultation with a health care professional.
MEDICAL INFORMATION OR STATEMENTS MADE WITHIN THIS SITE ARE NOT INTENDED FOR USE IN OR AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR THE DIAGNOSIS OR TREATMENT OF ANY HEALTH OR PHYSICAL CONDITION OR AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR A PHYSICIAN-PATIENT RELATIONSHIP WHICH HAS BEEN ESTABLISHED BY AN IN-PERSON EVALUATION OF A PATIENT.