AUTOIMMUNITY & INFLAMMATION
Autoimmunity & Inflammation
-the internal flame
Medicine is increasingly becoming aware that many chronic diseases are linked with inflammation. It is becoming increasingly clear that a host of illnesses – including heart disease, many cancers, and Alzheimer’s disease – are influenced in large part by chronic inflammation. This is a process in which the immune system becomes off balance, and persists unnecessarily in its efforts to repair the body and repel pathogens. The prolonged process results in damage to healthy tissue as well. Factors such as stress, lifestyle imbalances, and genetic predisposition can all promote inflammation and set the stage for degenerative diseases and autoimmune conditions.
Chronic inflammation has been associated with the following conditions:
- Type II Diabetes
- Dementia & Alzheimer’s Disease
- Heart Disease & Stroke
- Chronic Pain
- Autoimmune Disease (Lupus, Scleroderma, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, RA, Hashimoto’s, Grave’s, Ankylosing Spondylitis)
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (Crohn’s, Ulcerative Colitis)
- Fibromyalgia & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
At Cypress Natural Medicine, we rely on the latest in laboratory medicine in order to assess several markers of inflammation in the body to discover if there is something smoldering under the surface. Once these are discovered, the appropriate plan can be created in order to remedy the underlying causes of the individual’s inflammation, thereby resolving many of the issues listed above.*
* Each individual’s treatment and/or results may vary based upon the circumstances, the patients’ specific situation, as well as the health care provider’s medical judgment and only after further discussion of the patient’s specific situation, goals, risks and benefits and other relevant medical discussion. Testimonials or statements made by any person(s) within this site are not intended to substitute for this discussion or evaluation or as a guarantee as to outcomes. Examples of treatment outcomes in this websites are not intended to convey and warranty, either express or implied, as to outcomes, promises, or benefits from treatment. Whether to accept any treatment by a patient should be assessed by the patient as to the risks and benefits of such procedures and only after consultation with a health care professional.
MEDICAL INFORMATION OR STATEMENTS MADE WITHIN THIS SITE ARE NOT INTENDED FOR USE IN OR AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR THE DIAGNOSIS OR TREATMENT OF ANY HEALTH OR PHYSICAL CONDITION OR AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR A PHYSICIAN-PATIENT RELATIONSHIP WHICH HAS BEEN ESTABLISHED BY AN IN-PERSON EVALUATION OF A PATIENT.