Everyday, we are exposed to hundreds of toxic chemicals through the food we eat, the water we drink, the air we breathe, and the products that we use. These exposures can increase our chances of developing many chronic illnesses, including heart disease, blood sugar dysregulation, hormonal imbalances, cancer, chronic fatigue syndrome, migraines, Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease, and many others.
At Cypress Natural Medicine, we use the GPL-TOX (toxic non-metal chemical profile) test from Great Plains Laboratory. This simple urine test screens for 172 different toxic chemicals including organophosphate pesticides, phthalates, benzene, xylene, vinyl chloride, pyrethroid insecticides, acrylamide, perchlorate, diphenyl phosphate, ethylene oxide, acrylonitrile, and more.
If test findings show moderate to high levels of any toxin, there are many things that can be done to decrease the toxic burden on the body.
- Switch to organic fruits, vegetables, dairy, and meats.
- Avoid the use of plastics and styrofoam in food storage and replace with glass or metal.
- Use a water filter to decrease the consumption of toxins in drinking water.
- Use a refillable metal or glass water bottle instead of plastic water bottles.
- Use an infrared sauna at least once a week to increase the elimination of toxins through sweat.
- Replace household cleaners with natural cleaners that do not contain harmful chemicals.
- Come to the office to get glutathione injections, pushes, or IVs. Glutathione is an excellent antioxidant and is a molecule that is used by the body for detoxification. The amount of glutathione in the body can be depleted when there is a large toxic burden.
- For those who prefer the oral supplement route, there are many that are very effective at detoxifying the body. These nutrients and herbs include n-acetyl-cysteine, milk thistle, B vitamins, curcumin, artichoke, probiotics, sulforaphane, chlorella, and many others.
* Each individual’s treatment and/or results may vary based upon the circumstances, the patients’ specific situation, as well as the health care provider’s medical judgment and only after further discussion of the patient’s specific situation, goals, risks and benefits and other relevant medical discussion. Testimonials or statements made by any person(s) within this site are not intended to substitute for this discussion or evaluation or as a guarantee as to outcomes. Examples of treatment outcomes in this websites are not intended to convey and warranty, either express or implied, as to outcomes, promises, or benefits from treatment. Whether to accept any treatment by a patient should be assessed by the patient as to the risks and benefits of such procedures and only after consultation with a health care professional.
MEDICAL INFORMATION OR STATEMENTS MADE WITHIN THIS SITE ARE NOT INTENDED FOR USE IN OR AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR THE DIAGNOSIS OR TREATMENT OF ANY HEALTH OR PHYSICAL CONDITION OR AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR A PHYSICIAN-PATIENT RELATIONSHIP WHICH HAS BEEN ESTABLISHED BY AN IN-PERSON EVALUATION OF A PATIENT.